This photo strip shows the basic steps in the process for making my Saxton steampunk goggles. I started out with a regular pair of cup style welding goggles and painted them with Krylon fusion paint so other colors would stick. The screen for one lens is plastic mesh that I later painted silver and cut to fit inside the lens ring. I took one of the clear lenses and cut a hole with a hand drill so the plastic jewler's loup would fit through but still leave enough sticking out the back so it could be glued. I then spread Goop glue all around the join and made it look rough and lumpy. Masking the lens on the loup with painter's tape I then sprayed this assembly with black Krylon fusion and let it dry for 24 hours. Antique Gold Rub N Buff was used to rag finish the cups to make them look like old metal and I then drilled holes to add the electronic looking bits. Silver Rub N Buff was used to finish off the extended looking lens and because I didn't cover all of the black it looks like old welded metal. My partner sewed a hat band from old discontinued fabric stock and when everything was put together you have the goggles with the adventurer hat.
Previous pics are here [link]
and here [link]
Check out these goggles for sale in my store on Etsy [link]